An outstanding analytical and technically minded IT professional with a broad range of practical experience within migrations, reconfiguration of complex IT environments, installations and configurations of new product solutions, demonstrating a consistent track record of delivering successful projects led the design and delivery of complex cloud-based infrastructure. With a focus on scalability, sustainability and security and experience of change management, business-aligned IT architecture and Infrastructure design, strategy definition, technology roadmaps, 3rd party suppliers/vendors, software and hardware infrastructure, Windows/Linux/Cloud hosting, business transformation, system migration and new technology deployment initiatives within leading-edge environments.
A consummate leader builds, coaches and directs high performing software delivery teams and manages resources to projects. Drives continuous improvements to IT services whilst streamlining process to optimise responses and attainment of Service Level Agreements.
Technical Experience: CodePipeline, Code Build, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, Jenkins, Bamboo, Python, Terraform, Ansible, Cisco IOS and JunOS router and switches platform, Microsoft Server platforms, Microsoft OS, Unix OS, Ubuntu and CentOS Linux servers, Mac OS Server and Mac OS 8-9-X, Open Source server software on Linux environments including MySQL, Apache, NGINX, PostgreSQL, SQUID Proxy and all network infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP and SSL CA management.
Leadership: Strong critical decision making, motivating, team building, delegating & monitoring quality.
Customer Focus: Demonstrable customer service expertise with many career achievements in this field. Always strives to make customer-centric decisions and drives teams to integrate customer service into every aspect of work.
Continuous Improvement: Proven ability to identify areas for further development, and able to support others in the process. Has an analytical and problem-solving approach to work. Excels at prioritising flexibly to meet rapidly changing needs. Adept at crisis and risk management.
Organisational Skills: Well organised, adaptable and flexible. Multitasks and prioritises flexibly to fulfil all assigned tasks within time constraints. Skilled at working under pressure and confidently meets targets. Thrives on a challenge and has a proven track record of high performance under challenging circumstances
Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Commands exceptional communication and relationship management skills. Able to quickly build rapport and formulate relationships with individuals from all walks of life.
Problem Solving & Planning: Proactive planner with astute problem-solving skills complemented with devising solutions to achieve requirements.
• Project Scheduling, Rollout and Delivery
• Complex Cloud-Based Solutions
• Solution Architecture (AWS, Azure, Softlayer/IBM)
• Security Testing and Implementation
• Data/System Migrations
• Network Infrastructure Design
• Building Hands-On IT infrastructure
• Target driven and working to deadlines
• Client Consultancy Project
• Management Crisis
• Management Relationship
• Data Management and Reporting
• Commercial awareness
July 2019 – Present
Senior Technical Specialist
Aevi LTD – London
• Utilise extensive technical and analysis experience to oversee and undertake full impact assessments of proposed cross-platform changes identifying risk and mitigations
• Establish relationships with primary stakeholders by being proactive, displaying in-depth knowledge of processes and applications, supporting the development and implementation of solutions
• Manage various projects from inception to completion including creating a concept to reproduce one of the company product using ECS in a multi-region AWS Environment using ECS SQS LAMBDA for a java application; ensure the roadmap is well understood, and technical dependencies are identified
• Challenge product owner and stakeholders to ensure requirements are effectively prioritised
• Currently exploring Azure technology to build a multi-cloud environment.
April 2016 – July 2019
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Solarcentury Holding LTD – London
• Maintenance and remote monitoring of cloud systems mainly on AWS
• Linux and Active Directory Integration
• Linux installation and support for cloud applications.
• Review of the AWS Network and the introduction of Reverse Proxy feature with the installation of NGINX to improve management of web traffic.
• Maintenance and tuning of a collection of Bash Scripts owned from Solarcentury to maintain an Agile environment on AWS Cloud, this method in 2018 has been migrated to a Terraform and Ansible orchestration that is now automating the AWS cloud.
• Restructure of the DC-DR-HQ Network that was bundled with the office move where from a single connection between HQ-DR we increased resiliency moving the servers out of HQ Offices to a Data centre and built a leased lines triangle that will help in case of line faults.
• In Cooperation with the IT Manager, described a Roadmap towards a more secure enterprise that will be a bit of advice from my previous experiences to harden some area where Solarcentury needs to improve.
December 2013 – December 2015
System and Network Field Engineer
Streym LTD – London
• Support from the first to the third line for various industries included Media, Financial, Internet Providers, small and medium-size company
• Maintenance and remote monitoring of cloud systems Amazon and Azure
• Linux installation and support on CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat
• Server Support for Apache, MySQL. DNS, FTP, LDAP
• Installation and configuration of Zenoss monitoring tools on CentOS Linux
• Firewall configuration (SRX, Sonicwall, Fortinet, Cyberoam, Cisco ASA with SourceFire)
• Management and support of Cisco, Juniper, Cyberoam and Fortinet devices
• VoIP contact centre systems implementation as Asterisk appliances (ipcortex)
• Brocade networks Vyatta and VyOS virtual router
• Office 365 deployment on new and old customers with indeed migration
• Virtual Server management on Vmware ESXi VSpere and Microsoft Hyper-V
June 2011 – May 2012
Salini S.p.A. – Roma
• Integration of Todini Costruzioni S.p.A on Salini Costruttori S.p.A Datacenter
• Extensive configuration and management on Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor
• Project and deployment of web filtering systems, Cisco IronPort for HQ and Cisco ScanSafe for foreign sites
• Linux Redhat Installation and management
• Profiling and solution maker for MDM and Apple mobile devices
• Network Upgrade and Server Migration from a standalone server to ESXi data centre on Gibe3 (Ethiopia) Dam Construction Site
• VLAN configuration and migration at Gibe3 site
• WiFi Campus Projecting to give internet access to 200 employees on Gibe3 Site
• Projecting and dimensioning on Salini HQ to implement new technology as dynamic Routing OSPF, Dynamic Multipoint VPN, Firewalling Intra-VLAN e Anyconnect for mobile devices including Apple and Android
January 2008 – May 2011
Cisco Network Technician
GruppOmega S.p.A. – Siracusa
• Wireless Switch Symbol Motorola configuration, at “ Pilkington Italy S.p.A “
• Call Manager Cisco maintenance and management, at “ Eni S.p.A”
• DMZ and Proxy Optenet implementation at “ Pontifical North American College- Rome.”
• Router Cisco configuration with BGP protocol, at “Ministry of Defence – Rome”.
• VMware vSphere four installation and management, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• OpManager 8 configuration and management at “Sogesid S.p.A.”
• DNA Net Support Installation and configuration at “Sogesid S.p.A.
• VLAN configuration and migration at “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.”
• The reorganisation of geographical connections at “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.”
• Cisco ASA configuration for HQ and Yards abroad at “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.”
• QOS Creation to prioritise VoIP Cisco mobiles and Call Manager Cisco, at “ENI S.p.A”
• Wireless Bridge Essenzia configuration, at “ERG S.p.A”
• Cisco router configuration with HSRP protocol, at “ERG S.p.A”
• Configuration of Access Control and video surveillance Software, in cooperation with Honeywell Inc., at RFI S.p.A
• Migration from Physical Data Center to Virtual Datacenter, at “Sogesid S.p.A.”
• Database SQL and Oracle management, reorganisation at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Symantec Backup Exec management, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Domain Controller reorganisation, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Microsoft ISA Server management, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Symantec Backup Exec management, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Radware Link Proof configuration and management, at “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.”
• Support to the activities of Migration of “Todini Costruzioni Generali” datacenter in “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.” data centre
June 2003 – December 2007
External and occasional ITC- Area Advisor
• H.P.S. Technology S.r.l – Priolo Gargallo (Siracusa)
• Tarantello Typography – Priolo Gargallo (Siracusa)
• Fotomania studio – Melilli (Siracusa)
• SLAF S.r.l – Melilli (Siracusa)
• Sertecav S.r.l – Melilli (Siracusa)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• CCNA Security
• CEH v7
• Penetration Tester’s Open Source Toolkit
• Introduction to Modern Cryptography
• NMAP cookbook
• Wireless Network 4G
Streym LTD. Coursework
2015- 642-813, 632-832, 642-902, 632-832 CCNP Routing, Switching and TShoot
2014- 640-554 CCNA Security
Gruppomega S.p.A. Coursework
2009- CentOS Linux & Optenet Proxy management and troubleshooting
2008 – Cisco Course 640-802 CCNA certification
High School Education
1998/2004 – “LUIGI EINAUDI” HIGH SCHOOL – SIRACUSA
General Certificate of Education (scientific diploma), Science – computer address
Maths, Physics, Italian, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Latin, History, Philosophy, English
Interests include reading, gym, snowboarding, digital photography, new technologies, robotics, management training