I come from a consultancy background with experience building networks and systems for small business customers and enterprises. I am skilled on Cisco IOS and JunOS router and switches platform, possess the ability to manage complex infrastructure problems with dynamic routing and protocols, I have experience of Microsoft Server platforms since 2000, Microsoft OS since DOS, Symantec enterprise management software, McAfee Antivirus and EPolicy Orchestrator, Solarwinds Management suite, Unix OS, Ubuntu and CentOS Linux servers, Mac OS Server and Mac OS 8-9-X.
I have an in-depth knowledge of Open Source server software on Linux environments including BASH scripting and maintenance of service such MySQL, Apache, NGINX, Tomcat, PostgreSQL and all network infrastructure services such as SQUID Proxy, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP and SSL Certification.
In 2013 I started to approach Cloud systems mainly AWS, IBM & VMWare based and improved my knowledge to then convert legacy application to cloud-native solution and vice-versa adopting Terraform and Ansible and cloud-init for orchestrating cloud Systems including AWS sub-organization account combined with Vyos Router for BGP inter-connection that gave me the possibility to deliver segregated environment for each application at budget improving automation methods.
I am experienced in and have a real interest in migrations, reconfiguration of complex IT environments, installations and configurations of new product solutions. I have a strong technical background, am self-disciplined and able to deliver a high level of support without supervision,
I combine the ability to diagnose problems quickly and proactively provide solutions with a systematic and adaptable approach.
My knowledge spread at different levels on system and Infrastructure now includes public and private Clouds as well where I achieved different goals for small business and enterprise environments ensuring my customer systems were fault tolerant and were appropriate for the business calibre.
I have the ability to create, maintain and support (SDN) virtual network environment as well physical and ensure all needed redundancy are in place and working as from customers requirements to mention some of the network technology used I have successfully implemented CISCO ASA HA, VyOS Clusters (SDN) and Juniper Clusters.
July 2019 – Present
Senior Technical Specialist
Aevi LTD – London
April 2016 – July 2019
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Solarcentury Holding LTD – London
• Maintenance and remote monitoring of cloud systems mainly on AWS
• Linux and Active Directory Integration
• Linux installation and support for cloud applications.
• Review of the AWS Network and the introduction of Reverse Proxy feature with the installation of NGINX to improve management of web traffic.
• Maintenance and tuning of a collection of Bash Scripts owned from Solarcentury to maintain an Agile environment on AWS Cloud, this method in 2018 has been migrated to a Terraform and Ansible orchestration that is now automating the AWS cloud.
• Restructure of the DC-DR-HQ Network that was bundled with the office move where from a single connection between HQ-DR we increased resiliency moving the servers out of HQ Offices to a Data centre and built a leased lines triangle that will help in case of line faults.
• In Cooperation with the IT Manager, described a Roadmap towards a more secure enterprise that will be a bit of advice from my previous experiences to harden some area where Solarcentury needs to improve.
December 2013 – December 2015
System and Network Field Engineer
Streym LTD – London
• Support from the first to the third line for various industries included Media, Financial, Internet Providers, small and medium size company
• Maintenance and remote monitoring of cloud systems Amazon and Azure
• Linux installation and support on CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat
• Server Support for Apache, MySQL. DNS, FTP, LDAP
• Installation and configuration of Zenoss monitoring tools on CentOS Linux
• Firewall configuration (SRX, Sonicwall, Fortinet, Cyberoam, Cisco ASA with SourceFire)
• Management and support of Cisco, Juniper, Cyberoam and Fortinet devices
• VoIP contact centre systems implementation as Asterisk appliances (ipcortex)
• Brocade networks Vyatta and VyOS virtual router
• Office 365 deployment on new and old customers with indeed migration
• Virtual Server management on Vmware ESXi VSpere and Microsoft Hyper-V
June 2011 – May 2012
Salini S.p.A. – Roma
• Integration of Todini Costruzioni S.p.A on Salini Costruttori S.p.A Datacenter
• Extensive configuration and management on Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor
• Project and deployment of web filtering systems, Cisco IronPort for HQ and Cisco ScanSafe for foreign sites
• Linux Redhat Installation and management
• Profiling and solution maker for MDM and Apple mobile devices
• Network Upgrade and Server Migration from a standalone server to ESXi data centre on Gibe3 (Ethiopia) Dam Construction Site
• VLAN configuration and migration at Gibe3 site
• WiFi Campus Projecting to give internet access to 200 employees on Gibe3 Site
• Projecting and dimensioning on Salini HQ to implement new technology as dynamic Routing OSPF, Dynamic Multipoint VPN, Firewalling Intra-VLAN e Anyconnect for mobile devices including Apple and Android
January 2008 – May 2011
Cisco Network Technician
GruppOmega S.p.A. – Siracusa
• Wireless Switch Symbol Motorola configuration, at “ Pilkington Italy S.p.A “
• Call Manager Cisco maintenance and management, at “ Eni S.p.A”
• DMZ and Proxy Optenet implementation at “ Pontifical North American College- Rome.”
• Router Cisco configuration with BGP protocol, at “Ministry of Defence – Rome”.
• VMware vSphere four installation and management, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• OpManager 8 configuration and management at “Sogesid S.p.A.”
• DNA Net Support Installation and configuration at “Sogesid S.p.A.
• VLAN configuration and migration at “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.”
• The reorganisation of geographical connections at “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.”
• Cisco ASA configuration for HQ and Yards abroad at “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.”
• QOS Creation to prioritise VoIP Cisco mobiles and Call Manager Cisco, at “ENI S.p.A”
• Wireless Bridge Essenzia configuration, at “ERG S.p.A”
• Cisco router configuration with HSRP protocol, at “ERG S.p.A”
• Configuration of Access Control and video surveillance Software, in cooperation with Honeywell Inc., at RFI S.p.A
• Migration from Physical Data Center to Virtual Datacenter, at “Sogesid S.p.A.”
• Database SQL and Oracle management, reorganisation at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Symantec Backup Exec management, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Domain Controller reorganisation, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Microsoft ISA Server management, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Symantec Backup Exec management, at “Sogesid S.p.A”
• Radware Link Proof configuration and management, at “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.”
• Support to the activities of Migration of “Todini Costruzioni Generali” datacenter in “Salini Costruttori S.p.A.” data centre
June 2003 – December 2007
External and occasional ITC- Area Advisor
• H.P.S. Technology S.r.l – Priolo Gargallo (Siracusa)
• Tarantello Typography – Priolo Gargallo (Siracusa)
• Fotomania studio – Melilli (Siracusa)
• SLAF S.r.l – Melilli (Siracusa)
• Sertecav S.r.l – Melilli (Siracusa)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• CCNA Security
• CEH v7
• Penetration Tester’s Open Source Toolkit
• Introduction to Modern Cryptography
• NMAP cookbook
• Wireless Network 4G
Streym LTD. Coursework
2015- 642-813, 632-832, 642-902, 632-832 CCNP Routing, Switching and TShoot
2014- 640-554 CCNA Security
Gruppomega S.p.A. Coursework
2009- CentOS Linux & Optenet Proxy management and troubleshooting
2008 – Cisco Course 640-802 CCNA certification
High School Education
1998/2004 – “LUIGI EINAUDI” HIGH SCHOOL – SIRACUSA
General Certificate of Education (scientific diploma), Science – computer address
Maths, Physics, Italian, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Latin, History, Philosophy, English
Interests include reading, gym, snowboarding, digital photography, new technologies, robotics, management training